Sunday, February 2, 2014

Winter Haze

This morning's heavy fog was not just a literal one.  I've hit my annual Winter Haze.  So many days of gloom, wet and even ice that I start to wonder if it will end and I'm walking around like some kind of zombie-mole who hasn't seen the sun in years.  A headline this morning lead me to believe that today is not only Super Bowl Sunday, but also Groundhog Day.  I don't make a point of following the weather predictions of an overgrown rat, but it appears he's forecasting another six weeks of winter.  Damn rodent.

Since I was in Palm Springs, I missed the onslaught of December rain and I was out of town during Snow Jam 2014 so I really shouldn't complain.  Whatever.

I hit a new milestone on the bathroom scale last night, and not in a good weigh (get it?!).  In a fit of sheer panic I spent $99 to join the Biggest Loser Club weight loss program.  This is the first structured diet I've ever been on and I chose it because I love Jillian.  Now that I'm in it, I don't see Jillian anywhere on the website.  I will not be deterred!

I must really want to test myself with this diet, because like an idiot I started the program today...a day dedicated to football, chicken wings, chili, chips, beer and couch laying.   Not that I give two rips about football, but there is something to be said about male bonding over a herd of men in tight pants jumping on each other.  Now I'll just stay home instead of being the guy in the bar sipping on a bottle of water...even I wouldn't hit on me.

Six more weeks until Palm Springs....Six more weeks until Palm Springs....Six more weeks until Palm Springs.


No comments:

Post a Comment