Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Urban Legend

I enjoy movies.  Not Oscar contenders and not viewed in a multiplex with people I will probably end up hating before the credits have finished.  I love low-budget horror, teen scream slasher flicks, serial killer screamers and good old-fashion monster movies.  So this afternoon, following 8 hours of telecommuting from the dining room table, I retired to the studio to fold laundry and watch crappy horror movies while it was still light outside.  Today's double feature was "Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy's Revenge" and "Urban Legend: Final Cut".

The second feature got me thinking.  I haven't heard a new urban legend in decades.  Everybody knows the old stand by's:  man with a hook kills young lovers on a deserted road, business man is drugged at a bar and wakes up with one less kidney, etc.  I wanted something new (or at least new to me) and not some political creation like the Cadillac-driving welfare queen.  So off to Google I went and searched "new scary urban legends".  I clicked on the very first search result and couldn't bring myself to read the stories after skimming just the 1-sentence intro for each link.  As much as I love horror movies, I sure am a chicken.  Especially when John is in Palm Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment